Friday 12 January 2007

RIDING THROUGH THE CITY ON MY SCOOTER


..preferably on a hot, sunny day. Solo or with the one you love. It's perhaps the only truly satisfactory way to experience where I live. Instead of the hell of the tube, my journey to work can lead me to roar (gently) through Regents Park and cruise down the Kings Road, or wiggle through the streets of Soho and Covent Garden, whizz over Waterloo Bridge or putter past the Houses of Parliament... Every day there's something to see that makes me marvel at the splendour of the capital, and if I want to I can stop off and investigate further a shop or park or nice place to stand for a few minutes. Be careful though - it's dangerous and there's only one rule: don't get hit.

Christopher Overleaf

CLICK FOR VESPAS

1 comment:

escha said...

I've recently had the pleasure of riding on the back of my friend's Vespa. After a few minutes of pure terror at his kamikaze driving tactics I really enjoyed the ride. It is quite amazing to see London like this...

but I do fear for his safety sometimes. He's already had a crash that caused a broken arm.