Sunday 28 January 2007

WALKING IN THE MIDST OF ANGELS

Oh, there are so many reasons to be cheerful.
I no longer drink.
I no longer smoke.
I have wonderful friends and ?
I always do what I wanna do. I always have, which can be delightfully dangerous,
As well as terribly selfish. C'est ca!

.

Long walks make me cheerful,
as does my brisk lunchtime stroll.
I love it when it's spring here,
when the cherry blossoms are in bloom;
when I feel like I am walking in the midst of angels.
But Autumn is my favourite season,
When the momiji maples are ablaze.
It is time then to join the throngs at Nikko,
to admire the foliage and visit Tokugawa?s shrine,
It makes me cheerful to sit quietly with a good friend and sip green tea.

Or better still, in autumn, I love to go way up north, up towards
The swift Mogami River,
Maybe I'm a bum, a pilgrim, a spy. Who cares what those drivers think?

I imagine I am Basho, or maybe Sora,
When I huff and puff my way up the sacred mountain of Haguro.

Mary King

CLICK FOR HAIKU

No comments: